How to Come Up with Your Own Homemade Lavender Hand Cream
If you are a hand cream fanatic, then you must be obsessing over different blends and flavors including a lavender hand cream. Lavender hand cream is considered the best hand cream. It’s completely natural and its aroma makes you feel better and rejuvenated. Plus, it has a lot of benefits to give to the body. You can buy a lavender hand cream at any stores but some of them are kind of expensive. However, you can come up with your very own version of this hand cream. The ultimate secret is just passion about how you do it, creativity, and the right procedure.
How to Make Homemade Lavender Hand Cream
To make your own lavender hand cream, you will need the following ingredients:
• ½ cup of olive oil
• 30 drops of lavender essential oil
• ½ cup of coconut oil
• ½ cup of shea butter
1. Use a quart-sized jar. A highly recommended jar for this is a mason jar. Get the shea butt.
2. In a small pot, pour 2” of water and boil it.
3. Next, bring the mason jar and put it into the water. Let is simmer until you can see the oils melting together.
4. Remove the jar from the heat and wait for a while until it’s cooled.
5. Add in the jar the essential oils and olive oil and then stir them together.
6. Wait for several minutes until the mixture is settled down and already become solid. If you want to speed the process, you can make use of your freezer and place the jar there. Just monitor it every now and then.
7. Once the mixture is already solid, transfer it to a medium-sized container or a bowl then whip it using an electric mixer. Keep doing so until you will some changes in its texture. Just a heads up that doing this step will take you about 10 minutes.
8. Now, if you see that the mixture isn’t whipping well, it may be because it is still not solid enough. Do the previous step again and improve the texture so you can perfect it.
9. Once everything is good, bring the mixture back to the mason jar and let it stay at a room temperature. Ideally, you can use this homemade lavender hand cream for about six months.
Benefits of Lavender Essential Oil
You might want to be informed about the different benefits that you can get from a lavender essential oil. The following are the things to expect when using it:
1. Detoxifies the skin
These days, pollutants are already becoming more and more of a problem to the skin. But, we can’t simply eradicate them. The best thing to do is to protect our skin from getting damaged and what we need is antioxidant that is powerful enough to do this. Lavender has antioxidants that fight off harmful effects of pollution to the skin. If you are using a lavender oil as a hand cream, chances of getting your skin damaged are minimal.
2. Heals burns
There are a lot of topical treatments for burns and lavender is one of them. It’s because lavender contains antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties that are capable of healing burns. Not only that. It is also especially useful if you have scar problems that are caused by burns. And if the burn feels painful, you can count on lavender oil to do the job and relieve the painful sensation. What you just have to do is extract a few drops of lavender oil and apply it to the affected area after you’re done running water for about 10 minutes. This will help speed up the healing process. For serious cases of burns, you have to call a physician to further examine them.
3. Treats acne problems
Acne or pimples are one of the most common skin problems. There are a lot of ways to get rid of them but you can also count on lavender essential oil. Because it contains antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties, it is one of the natural treatments to consider. Lavender oil’s properties especially fight the bacteria that causes acne. To be able to benefit from its acne-warding effects, you have to dab some lavender oil on the area of your skin or face that has an acne using a cotton ball. Do this at least three times a week and you will see improvements for how many days.
Lavender essential oils are really one of their kind. The many benefits you can get from them are already reason enough to make your own best hand cream. You can buy a lavender hand cream anywhere but it’s a lot more exciting to do it your own, in the comfort of your house. It saves a little amount of money, too.